Saturday, August 10, 2013

Complete update!

Yes I know it's been awhile since I have updated this thing called a blog,  but here I am!

So as you have all guessed or heard I gave birth!!! She is perfect.

Here is a quick version of her birth story.

At 10:00 pm Saturday June 8th my water broke. No gush but more of a trickle, so much so I was in denial that it was even my water. Midnight came and I decided to wake Mark up and drive over to the hospital to get it checked out. Sure enough after 2 hours of being there the nurse concluded that yup it was my water. How exciting!! I asked the nurse what this means and she told me that within 24-48 hours we would be holding our daughter in our arms. I balled when I heard that and Mark grinned. We were sent home till morning because the contractions were weak and minimal. When we got to the elevator to go home I asked Mark what he was thinking and he told me "It just became real". Fast forward to 930 am the next day Sunday June 9th. My mom drove down and met us at the hospital and away we went upstairs to the 4th floor. My contractions at this point had kicked in and had been consistently coming every 2-5 minutes.
The nurse checked me over and looks like I was only at 2cm. I had only progressed 1 cm all night. So we were sent away again.. this time for 4 hours. So where do we go?? Original Joes. Yup that's right Original Joes, both my Mom and Mark were hungry so we decided to get them some food. I laboured in Original Joes and let my waitress know. She was totally freaked out but a great sport and now I am famous in OJ's :) After OJ's we went for a walk in the Park and met up with friends so their 3 year old can feed the ducks. The contractions became stronger and I decided to head back to the hospital 30 minutes early. When we got there I was only 3 cm's. Since we live 25minutes away from the hospital they decided to admit me. I laboured for the rest of the day in my room. The nurses really wanted to give me meds but I didnt want nor need them so I refused, one nurse looked at me and said "I am not sure what to do with you then"..... haa haa haa! I looked at her and told her just to let me labour.

My mom had made an estimate of delivery around 8pm and this was at around 4pm. I was still at 3cm at that point and I thought no way I was going to go from 3cm's to 10cm's and have her out in 4 hours... my guess was 1am the following day.

Skip over a few hours at we are at 7pm now. The nurse did another internal to check dialation and I was STILL at 3 cm's. The contractons were getting a lot stronger now and my body kept wanting to bare down, not push exactly but bare down (that one is hard to explain) but I was told I needed to stop and not give in because it was causing my cervix to swell. It was impossible, I just could not stop my body was doing it all involuntarily. So I had to ask for some drugs that would take that part of the intensity away. I still really wanted to feel the contractions but needed the urge to be gone. I ended up with a half dose of Fentinol and man does that stuff work. It did exactly what I needed it to do took away the edge but still let me feel the contractions and pain.

8pm. Another internal STILL at 3 cm's....... You have got to be kidding me!!!! Nope!!!
It sure didnt take long though after that and the contractions changed again. This time I felt like I had to poop. Up I got to use the bathroom, well I didnt make it there when another contraction hit and this time I felt like I HAD to push. The nurse got concerned and told me to hop back up on the bed and she would check me, the contractions were changing..... Yup they sure were cause Surprise I was at 8 cm's.......WHAT REALLY??? 8 cm's!!!! Well the bed was now the place I had to stay and the dr was called to rush in. Man was that intense!!! When the dr got in the room I was progressing really quickly but he didnt want to push quite yet. I had maybe 2 minutes before I was at the full 10 cm's and was told I could push. I was floored that it was time to finally meet my little girl. I was determined that it was not going to take me long. I gave one attempt at a push but felt like I had to poop so I didnt push my hardest. I was called out for it and told to push hard and bare down. I told the doc that if I did that I would poop. He popped up and said if you end up pooping that everyone would know that I am pushing correctly. So what the heck.... Go ahead and push that poop out. Turns out I didnt have to poop instead I had to birth my daughter. I am proud to say that once I was given that go ahead, I pushed her out in 3 pushes and 3 minutes  :) and no Poop!!!

Mackenzie Grace made her debut into this world at 8:41 pm (that's right only 41 minutes after I was told that I was still at 3cm) weighing only 6lbs 4 oz and 20.25 inches long. (screw you Gestational Diabetes) and absolutely perfect.




Mackenzie was finally here and let me tell you after 3 years of praying for a baby this was so surreal and very hard to come to terms that I was now a mom of a baby here on earth. Crazy!!!

All dressed and ready to go home, even though we would be back the next day to do another blood draw to make sure that her Jaundice was getting better
.



 Enough of the stories here are a couple more pictures from the next 2 months to follow this one.


8 days old

The quickest month of my life!



Boy have I grown and changed!


No comments:

Post a Comment